Bone Dowel is a precision-machined mineralized surgical cortical allograft bone pin. It is ideal for many cutting-edge dental surgical procedures. The Cortical Bone Dowels are easy-to-prepare, easy-to-use and comes pre-formed to exact specifications upon which a surgeon can rely time after time.
Historically, titanium screws have been used in dentistry as a means of maintaining space and preventing membrane collapse at a newly grafted site. Often, the need to retrieve the titanium screw after bone regeneration leads to the re-creation of a bony defect.
In dental procedures, cortical bone dowels/pins have been used in the same way to maintain space and provide stability in the grafted site. Studies show that once placed, a cortical bone dowel/pin will remodel along with the newly placed graft.
● Intense screening and testing
● Easy-to-store (ambient temperature)
● All bone dowels are packaged for single use applications
● FDA Registered
● Maintains space and offers graft site stability
● Clinicians can trim down or modify at their discretion
● Aseptically processed
● Remolds along with the newly placed graft in 4 to 6 months